StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Smart Cluster

From: Sergio Mafra <no email>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 12:01:29 -0200

Hi fellows,

If we are supposed to have the instances running for a long time,
LoadBlancer can help us a lot, turning on and off when is needed.
I wonder if we can make this more smarter and cheaper, launching the master
node as a m1.small instance, taking care only for communication and queue
managemente, leaving the heavier job for the compute nodes, that can take
advantage of cluster type instance and placement groups.
So my question is:

a) Can we have a cluster with differente instance types - Master and
Compute nodes?
b) How to exclude Master node from being a computacional node in the job
queue?

All the best,

Sérgio