StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

adding nodes to an existing cluster of a different instance type

From: Lyn Gerner <no email>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 10:00:02 -0800

Hi Ryan,

I experimented with addnode a while back:

1) Couldn't add an on-demand instance to a cluster initiated w/spot-bid
instances.

2) *Could* add a spot-bid instance to a cluster initiated w/on-demand
instances.

3) addnode command in any case will add whatever instance type you specify
with "-I", so you can run heterogeneously amongst the compute hosts (with
each instance potentially having a different bid price).

Cheers,
Lyn