StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Amazon AMI 64-bit Ubuntu 11 HVM-EBS for eu-west-1 region

From: MacMullan, Hugh <no email>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 17:16:40 +0000

Hi Ed:

I have no EU AMIs, but I've been curious about the second question you have: what's the 'easy' way to transfer AMIs? I poked around a bit today, and it looks like 'migrate-ebs-image.pl', part of the VM::EC2 Perl module, is a good solution ... except that it converts my HVM AMIs to PV. Argh! :)

I've got a query in with the developer (Lincoln Stein) about HVM copies. I'll let you know what I discover.

That said, if others have other easy ways to transfer AMIs ... I'm all ears too!

-Hugh