StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Using a hi-I/O instance as the master node in a StarCluster Cluster

From: Oppe, Thomas C ERDC-RDE-ITL-MS Contractor <no email>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 02:04:10 +0000

Paolo and Dustin,

Thank you for the information, especially for the new commands "fdisk -l" and "mount -l" and the link to the discussion of this question. I found the SSD volumes and was able to format and mount them. I am eager to try this instance as the master node in my HYCOM serial I/O runs once I am granted permission to use AWS again.

The link also clarifies whether I should use "ext2", "ext3", or "ext4" for formatting the drives. Use "mount -l" to find out. I was previously guessing and trying various formats.

Tom Oppe