StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

sgeadmin is not known as a user

From: Steve Darnell <no email>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 23:47:03 +0000

Greetings,

I have created a cluster where the sgeadmin user is not recognized as an sge user and cannot submit jobs. Here are some diagnostics illustrating that sgeadmin exists at some level in sge.

# qconf -sm // displays a list of all grid engine system managers
root
sgeadmin

# qconf -so // displays a list of all grid engine system operators
sgeadmin

# qconf -suser sgeadmin // displays the configuration of the specified user
sgeadmin is not known as user

# qconf -suserl // displays a list of all currently defined users
root

Also, the sge binary directory is not found in sgeadmin's path.

# echo $PATH
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/opt/sge6/bin/linux-x64
# su sgeadmin
$ echo $PATH
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games

How does one get into a situation like this and how do you correct it?

Here is the configuration for my cluster (64-bit, m1.medium, size 1, spot instance).

[cluster mycluster]
KEYNAME = <myKey>
CLUSTER_SIZE = 1
CLUSTER_USER = sgeadmin