StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Terminating a cluster does not remove its security group (UNCLASSIFIED)

From: Dustin Machi <no email>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 11:39:28 -0500

If the terminate command fails, then there will often be things left
behind. This often happens if you manipulate the security groups
outside of start cluster and it fails to delete the security group. For
example if you start a cluster and then add it's security group to
another manually, it can't be deleted because that group is referenced
by another. This is just an example, but there are several places where
terminate could fail. These sometimes require cleanup before reusing a
name again.

Dustin