StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

problem creating a new ami

From: Niels van Galen Last <no email>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 21:22:46 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I'm having some issues with creating my own ami. Launching a standard cluster as described in the getting started document works fine and the openmpi example works as well.
Then I followed the steps on the Customizing the StarCluster AMI page and used the ami-e15c02a4 ami with an m1.large instance. After launching I logged in and switched to the ubuntu user and performed a dist upgrade to ubuntu 12.10 quantal, there are no problems during the upgrade process and creating the ebsimage seems to work as well. However, when I change the ami id in the config to match the new ami and launch the ami it will give errors such as: Mounting an NFS export path(s) on 1 worker node(s) !!! ERROR - command 'mount /home' failed with status 32
Also, I am unable to log in as root because of a public key denied error via authorized_keys. Logging in with the ubuntu user by adding -u ubuntu does work so the public keys seem to be alright. However, the nodes are no longer linked by nfs.
Does anybody have a suggestion what I'm doing wrong or other steps that I might be missing?

Thanks,

 - Niels