StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Propagating EBS volumes to nodes added to a cluster (UNCLASSIFIED)

From: Oppe, Thomas C ERDC-RDE-ITL-MS Contractor <no email>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 23:26:16 +0000

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: FOUO

Rayson,

Our EBS volume has all the Intel compiler files and our benchmark files, so we need to have the EBS volume visible to all nodes of the cluster via NFS. This happens when we start a new cluster using our ".starcluster/config" file and the command:

   starcluster start mycluster

But the EBS volume is not visible to any added nodes that we add with the command:

   starcluster addnode -n 5 mycluster

Is the "addnode" command supposed to make EBS volumes visible to any added nodes via NFS?

Thank you for any information.

Tom Oppe