StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Jobs not writing output files

From: Ashish Jain <no email>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 02:56:37 -0800

Hi,

I'm trying to submit many jobs at one go. I have 3 nodes each a EC2 1.4x
cluster. There are few glitches I have seen with this -

1) If I submit the job at one go ( around 6 jobs each needing one process),
apart from the first job, the rest of the jobs are put in a "t" state for a
long time
2) If i space out the jobs ( sleep of 15 seconds between calls), the jobs
are run more smoothly. However I'm seeing an issue where the jobs are not
writing the .o and .e files, and sometimes when they write, they are either
incomplete or empty.

I would like to understand what is happening here. Is there a minimum time
between submitting jobs?

Thanks
Ashish