StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Problem installing on Mac 10.8

From: Matthew Wade <no email>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 11:17:30 +0000

Hi,

I am trying to install StarCluster on a Mac 10.8 (Mountain Lion) .

After trying both through github and easy_install I always get an error after executing:

sudo python setup.py install

The pertinent error message is:

ld: warning: ignoring file /usr/local/lib/libgmp.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: illegal text reloc to ___gmp_binvert_limb_table from /usr/local/lib/libgmp.a(mp_minv_tab.o) in ___gmpn_divexact_1 for architecture x86_64
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
lipo: can't open input file: /var/tmp//ccVxGnLR.out (No such file or directory)
error: Setup script exited with error: command 'gcc-4.2' failed with exit status 1

After some searching I found that the key is with the architecture and the compiler gcc-4.2.

I have the latest update to Xcode 4, so assume that gcc-4.2 is correct. I assume that the file libgmp.a was built for 32-bit (i386) and my compiler is trying to run with 64-bit (x86_64)?

Having little to no experience with this, can anyone suggest a workaround?

Regards,
matt