StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

How to create user with specific user/group id with CreateUsers plugin

From: Ryan Golhar <no email>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 12:50:24 -0400

Hi - Is it possible to create a user with a specific user id and/or group
id? I ask because I have an EBS volume that I've set up from another
instance. When I mount that EBS volume in star cluster, that user ids
don't match and hence certain read/execute permissions are not correct. If
I correct them, then they don't match on another machine when I'm done with
my cluster. I'd like to keep the user ids consistent across my instances.