StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

cluster with 30 nodes, 2 slots each, 50 job max?

From: John St. John <no email>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 15:25:02 -0700

Hello,
I am running a cluster with 30 nodes that have 2 slots each. That should give me up to 60 1 slot jobs that can run at a time. For some reason though after 50 jobs are running, the system just queues jobs. I have tried kicking off simple sleep jobs to see if those can run over the 50 wall I am hitting, but no luck (qsub -V -b y -cwd sleep 10). I do not see anything odd about my settings. Is this something hard-coded somewhere that I can change? Has anyone been able to run more than 50 jobs at a time with starcluster?

Thanks!
John