StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Star cluster not creating instances on Amazon's East Region

From: Ramit Bhardwaj <no email>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 14:28:57 +0530

Hello,

We are using 'Star cluster' for creating clusters on Amazon Cloud. But
off late, we are seeing the following error in our logs when we try to
create a cluster on the US-East region:

"!!! ERROR - Unsupported: The requested Availability Zone is currently
constrained and we are no longer accepting new customer requests for
t1/m1/c1/m2 instance types. Please retry your request by not specifying
an Availability Zone or choosing us-east-1a, us-east-1d, us-east-1c."

Is there anything that we are missing here? The exact setup was working
perfectly till last month. We are seeing this problem since last one month.

Also, in the forums i did not see anyone reporting this issue. Are there
any changes to any policy or something? Please advice.

Best Regards
Ramit