StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Using DRMAA on StarCluster

From: Chris Diehl <no email>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 16:56:10 -0700

Hi Justin,

Should I be able to use DRMAA on a StarCluster instance to submit jobs
from Python to the Grid Engine? It appears drmaa-python is installed.
When I try to do an "import drmaa", I get the following response.

root_at_master:/usr# python
Python 2.7.2+ (default, Oct 4 2011, 20:06:09)
[GCC 4.6.1] on linux2
>>> import drmaa
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/drmaa/__init__.py",
line 41, in <module>
    import drmaa.wrappers as _w
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/drmaa/wrappers.py",
line 43, in <module>
    raise RuntimeError(errmsg)
RuntimeError: could not find drmaa library. Please specify its full
path using the environment variable DRMAA_LIBRARY_PATH

The Python DRMAA library looked like a good way to submit and monitor
jobs running in SGE from Python. So I'd like to get this up and
running if possible.

Any suggestions you have would be most appreciated!

Chris