StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Problem using StarCluster command in shell scripts

From: Mrinal Zalpuri <no email>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 19:23:00 +0530

Hello,

I am facing some issue when using starcluster commands from shell sripts. I
a shell script test.sh which has this code

*************

#!/bin/sh -xv

cmd="mkdir -p /usr/local/test_lpapp"

args=""

starcluster sshmaster scsmallcluster \'$cmd $args\'

************

When I run this on command prompt, I am getting this error

*****************

#!/bin/sh -xv

cmd="mkdir -p /usr/local/test_lpapp"

+ cmd=mkdir -p /usr/local/test_lpapp

args=""

+ args=

starcluster sshmaster scsmallcluster \'$cmd $args\'

+ starcluster sshmaster scsmallcluster 'mkdir -p /usr/local/test_lpapp '

StarCluster - (http://web.mit.edu/starcluster) (v. 0.93.3)

Software Tools for Academics and Researchers (STAR)

Please submit bug reports to starcluster_at_mit.edu

Usage: sshmaster [options] <cluster> [<remote-command>]

    SSH to a cluster's master node

    Example:

        $ sshmaster mycluster

    You can also execute commands without directly logging in:

        $ starcluster sshmaster mycluster 'cat /etc/hosts'

starcluster: error: no such option: -p

But if I run starcluster sshmaster scsmallcluster 'mkdir -p
/usr/local/test_lpapp ' directly from the command prompt it works. Also if I
remove everything else and just keep this command in my script then also it
works. But when creating this command using arguments/variables it created
problem

Any help would be appreciated

best regards

Mrinal Zalpuri