StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

FC16 installation problems fixed

From: Mark Stock <no email>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 13:00:28 -0400 (EDT)

Here is some information I learned when installing StarCluster
for the first time. I am posting it here to benefit any other new
users who aren't able to find help for these problems.

I am running Fedora 16 and installing StarCluster-0.93.3 using
the instructions on
http://web.mit.edu/star/cluster/docs/latest/installation.html

% sudo yum install gmp-devel

warning: GMP or MPIR library not found; Not building
Crypto.PublicKey._fastmath.

This is solved with

% sudo python setup.py install

Then, the following error shows up:

Processing pycrypto-2.6.tar.gz
Running pycrypto-2.6/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir
/tmp/easy_install-BtQN0_/pycrypto-2.6/egg-dist-tmp-Mghnk3
src/_fastmath.c:31:20: fatal error: Python.h: No such file or
directory
compilation terminated.
error: Setup script exited with error: command 'gcc' failed with
exit status 1

And this can be solved with

% sudo yum install python-devel

These packages are not standard Fedora, and I haven't ever needed
them despite developing scientific software for over a decade.

Mark