StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: newbie problems

From: CB <no email>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 16:34:10 -0400

Hi Manal,

I did tried a similar thing last week and experienced a similar failure to
mount an EBS disk via StarCluster.

If you take a look at the log file, you will see what had happened. In my
case, the debug log was located at ~/.starcluster/logs/debug.log

It appears that when StarCluster attached an EBS volume, the actual
partition name it got was different than what StarCluster expected to mount.

For example, if you look at /proc/partitions table, you will see the actual
partition.
Then, take a look at the debug.log and see what device StarCluster was
trying to mount.

I think this issue happened if you manually tried to mount an EBS volume
several times and then, switched to StarCluster to make it automated.
I haven't tried but if you start it from a fresh image, it would work.

Regards,
- Chansup