StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Using Array jobs in Starcluster

From: Nathan C. Nelson <no email>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 14:50:29 +0000

Hi,

I'm trying to learn and use Starcluster to run multiple Geant4 Monte Carlo simulations. Specifically, I was trying to see if I could use the Sun Grid Engine command qsub -t 1-# myshellscript where:
Myshellscript contains:

#!/bin/bash
My_program $SGE_TASK_ID outputfile.$SGE_TASK_ID

I wanted $SGE_TASK_ID to set the seed number for my simulations. This idea didn't seem to work for me so my question is how can I accomplish this in the Starcluster environment?

Sincerely,
Chuck Nelson
Clinical Physicist
Norris Cotton Cancer Center
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
One Medical Center Drive
Lebanon, NH 03756-0001
Tel. (603) 650-6487
Email: Nathan.C.Nelson_at_Hitchcock.org

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING THIS ELECTRONIC MESSAGE:

This message is intended for the use of the person to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, your use of this message for any purpose is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete the message and notify the sender so that we may correct our records.