StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: StarCluster on CentOS

From: Rayson Ho <no email>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 12:07:56 -0400

To list the AMIs supported by your version of StarCluster, use the
listpublic command:

http://web.mit.edu/star/cluster/docs/latest/manual/list_public_amis.html

To change the AMI booted by StarCluster, you need to change the config file:

http://web.mit.edu/star/cluster/docs/latest/manual/configuration.html

Note that last I checked, the CentOS AMIs are HVM images, which are
different than the Paravirtual images. So if you are not using the GPU
or cluster compute instances, then make sure you read this:

http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/faqs/#Does_use_of_Cluster_Compute_Instances_differ_from_other_Amazon_EC2_instance_types

Rayson

Open Grid Scheduler / Grid Engine
http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/