StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: A way to automatically terminate an EC2 instance

From: Rayson Ho <no email>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 09:39:15 -0700 (PDT)

BTW, I recall we had discussions related to automatically transferring data back to the local machine...

I think you can add a few lines in starcluster/balancers/sge/__init__.py so that before it shuts down the master
node, it transfers data back to the local machine first.

If you don't want to modify starcluster, just create a separate EBS for the output directory and use the load
balancer to shutdown the nodes, or tell the balancer to not kill the master.

Rayson

Open Grid Scheduler / Grid Engine
http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/

Scalable Grid Engine Support Program