StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: R on StarCluster

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 15:41:15 -0400

Hi Chi/Erik

I haven't tried Rmpi for R on StarCluster personally but MPI should
work fine out of the box so I'd imagine it should be possible. Erik,
do you have a plugin you use for Rmpi configuration or is it just
install and then "mpirun"?

Chi, you can experiment with this by launching a single instance of
the StarCluster AMI, installing R/Rmpi, and then use the 'ebsimage'
command to create a new R/Rmp AMI. See the following for more details:

http://web.mit.edu/star/cluster/docs/latest/manual/create_new_ami.html

HTH,

~Justin