StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: sge submit host question

From: Rayson Ho <no email>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 13:09:01 -0800 (PST)

You will need to have the $SGE_ROOT dir available on your submit host.

$SGE_ROOT need not be shared, but at least the act_qmaster and a few configuration variables are

needed. You need to keep in mind that StarCluster uses the private IP & hostname, so you will need
to make sure that "act_qmaster" contains the public hostname & not the private one.

http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/howto/nfsreduce.html

And you will need to add the host as submit host (qconf -as):

http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/htmlman/htmlman1/qconf.html

I *think* if you tar up the $SGE_ROOT dir on the master machine, untar it on your local machine, and point
the $SGE_ROOT env var to your local dir, adjust act_qmaster, and also have a local copy of qsub binary
available, then it *should* work. Try it with a 1-node test cluster (I usually use t1.micro for these types of things).

Rayson

Open Grid Scheduler / Grid Engine
http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/

Scalable Grid Engine Support Program