StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: SGE have a job consume all slots?

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 10:36:20 -0500

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you modify the 'orte' parallel
environment on StarCluster to use the '$pe_slots' allocation_rule:

$ qconf -mp orte
allocation_rule $pe_slots

then according to the SGE docs:

"If the special denominator $pe_slots is used, the full range of
processes as specified with the qsub(1) -pe switch has to be allocated
on a single host (no matter which value belonging to the range is
finally chosen for the job to be allocated)."

So from my understanding after making the above change the following
would use all 8 slots on a single machine for a single job:

$ qsub -cwd -pe orte 8 ./jobscript.sh

HTH,

~Justin