StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

starcluster key-pair options

From: Ravi Pillai <no email>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 15:31:30 -0800

Hi all,

The starcluster "start" command allows you to specify any arbitrary
key-pair on the command line, using the -k and -K options (this over-rides
the keys in the config file).

However, it looks like other starcluster commands like "stop", "sshmaster",
etc don't allow you to specify the key-pair on the command line -- they can
only use the keys in the config file, and they don't accept the -k and -K
options.
If I start a cluster with an arbitrary key-pair (for example, one created
using "starcluster createkey"), then I can't stop/terminate it through
starcluster -- I have use the AWS console or some other app to
stop/terminate it.

Am I missing something here, or is this an inconsistency in the package? (I
am using v 0.93)

Thanks,

RAVI