StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: crash report

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 18:46:40 -0500

OK, the error about the cluster already existing is expected behavior
although the error should be reworded to include the 'restart' option I
mentioned to you. I filed an issue to keep track of this:

http://web.mit.edu/star/cluster/issues/82

The other error when pressing Ctrl-D at the prompt is fixed on github
and will be released in 0.93.2.

~Justin

On 2/22/12 2:04 PM, Wayne Delport wrote:
> thanks for the advice. by not exiting cleanly i meant the generated bug
report (as below). cheers ./w

> !!! ERROR - EBS Cluster 'devpbyko3f2ww8qa0fb2g15pti55_exp' already
> !!! ERROR - exists.
> !!! ERROR -
> !!! ERROR - Either choose a different tag name, or stop the EBS cluster
> !!! ERROR - using:
> !!! ERROR -
> !!! ERROR - $ starcluster stop devpbyko3f2ww8qa0fb2g15pti55_exp
> !!! ERROR -
> !!! ERROR - This command will put all nodes into a 'stopped' state and
> !!! ERROR - preserve their local disks. The cluster can later be resumed
> !!! ERROR - by passing the -x option to the start command. Another
> !!! ERROR - option is to terminate the existing EBS Cluster using:
> !!! ERROR -
> !!! ERROR - $ starcluster terminate devpbyko3f2ww8qa0fb2g15pti55_exp
> !!! ERROR -
> !!! ERROR - NOTE: Terminating an EBS cluster will destroy the local
> !!! ERROR - disks (volumes) backing the nodes.
> StarCluster - (http://web.mit.edu/starcluster) (v. 0.93.1)
> Software Tools for Academics and Researchers (STAR)
> Please submit bug reports to starcluster_at_mit.edu
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/starcluster/cli.py", line
255, in main
> sc.execute(args)
> File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/starcluster/commands/terminate.py",
line 65, in execute
> self.terminate_cluster(cluster_name)
> File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/starcluster/commands/terminate.py",
line 41, in terminate_cluster
> "%s cluster %s (y/n)? " % (action, cluster_name))
> EOFError: EOF when reading a line
> !!! ERROR - Oops! Looks like you've found a bug in StarCluster
> !!! ERROR - Crash report written to:
/home/ubuntu/.starcluster/logs/crash-report-4314.txt