StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: loadbalance error

From: Rajat Banerjee <no email>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 18:29:38 -0500

I don't think it is a memory leak within the load balancer. elb does not
endlessly add to the host queue, see the first few lines of parse_qhost:

def parse_qhost(self, string):

        """
        this function parses qhost -xml output and makes a neat array

        takes in a string, so we can pipe in output from ssh.exec('qhost -xml')
        """

        self.hosts = [] # clear the old hosts

https://github.com/jtriley/StarCluster/blob/develop/starcluster/balancers/sge/__init__.py

Looks to be an XML parser issue. Maybe ELB is using the parser incorrectly.
How truly huge is the qhosts -xml output? I would think it would be about 1
xml record per host in the cluster, and the XML output contains many many
parameters about the status of the host.