StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: dynamically mount a volume to a running cluster

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 16:15:32 -0500

Wei,

It is not possible at the moment, however, implementing a new
'attachvolume' command is/has been on my TODO list:

https://github.com/jtriley/StarCluster/issues/37

With that said, if you don't require the volume to be NFS-shared you
could simply use the AWS console (http://aws.amazon.com/console) to
create a new volume and attach it to the master node of your cluster.
The master node should be labeled "master" in the AWS console and
similar for all other nodes so it shouldn't be too hard to identify who
to attach to. The attachvolume would ideally go a step further and also
configure NFS for you...

Concerning the logical volume of multiple EBS volumes you could write a
plugin to do this. If you make some progress on this please share your
plugin so that it can be included into the next release.

~Justin