StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Windows Python support

From: Bob Tolbert <no email>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 20:04:04 -0800

First, let me say that I've only used StarCluster for a week or so, but I am very impressed. I desperately needed the notion of a SGE queue in EC2 and not having to set it up myself it awesome.

I naively installed on Windows using Windows Python 2.7 and things almost work. In one place, there are a couple of imports that are not on Windows ("pwd" and "grp") but it seems StarCluster is very close to supporting Windows.

I suspect everything might work under Cygwin, but for reasons I don't want to go into, I really don't want to use Cygwin.

I'm more than willing to work on Windows support, just not sure if anyone else might be interested.

Bob Tolbert