StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: how to adjust the load of each node

From: Rayson Ho <no email>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 05:19:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Liang,

Can you provide more info about the type of jobs that you are trying to run on EC2??

1) How did you submit the jobs to Grid Engine? Did you request a PE (Parallel Envorinment)?

2) What type of instances (ie. nodes) are you using? And I assume you have multiple CPUs per instance.

Lastly, you can run qhost to find the load of each instance/node, and "qhost -j" to find the jobs running on the nodes:

http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/htmlman/htmlman1/qhost.html

Rayson

Grid Engine / Open Grid Scheduler
http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net