StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: trouble with starting a large cluster

From: Chen, Fei [JRDUS] <no email>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 11:25:55 -0400

Hi Rayson,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I had shutdown the 30-node
grid so I couldn't check in the log whether ec2-50-19-64-123 was stuck,
but I did try at the time to ssh into it without success, so presumably
it did fail to boot up.

Yes I was aware of the new addnode feature in 0.92, among other things,
guess it's really time for me to upgrade!

Lastly, is it the case that one node failing to come up would prevent
the entire cluster from booting up? I was hoping that wouldn't be the
case, but yesterday when I started with the 30 node cluster, I noticed
SGE was not up and running even on nodes that came up properly...

Thanks again,

fei