StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Starcluster - Taking advantage of multiple cores on EC2

From: Bill Lennon <no email>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 18:02:31 +0000

Chris, thank you.

Rayson,

1) What do you get when you run "qhost" on the EC2 cluster??

error: commlib error: got select error (Connection refused)
error: unable to send message to qmaster using port 6444 on host "localhost": got send error

2) If you run your application outside of SGE on your EC2 cluster, do you get the same behavior??

If I 'python job.py' I don't see those errors...if that's what your asking?

3) Intel MKL uses OpenMP internally, did you set the env. var. OMP_NUM_THREADS on the laptop??

Nope.

Hope that may give you a lead. I'm unfortunately a noob.