StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

starcluster start command giving authentication error

From: marcin joachimiak <no email>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 15:33:41 -0700

Hi,

I now seem to have a functional install of starcluster, after
rebuilding Python on CentOS.

After having filling in the credentials in the config file I am
issuing the command to start the out of the box 2 node smallcluster
example:

starcluster start mycluster

which gives an authentication error:

StarCluster - (http://web.mit.edu/starcluster) (v. 0.92rc2)
Software Tools for Academics and Researchers (STAR)
Please submit bug reports to starcluster_at_mit.edu

!!! ERROR - AuthFailure: AWS was not able to validate the provided
access credentials

I've quadruple-checked the credentials and they appear to be correct.
I am reusing my EC2 key I had generated through the web interface:

KEY_LOCATION= /home/aws/marcinj.pem

and assume this should work.

any help much appreciated,
marcin