StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: StarCluster Digest, Vol 22, Issue 1

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 12:05:36 -0400

Hi Don/Raj,

I've merged your pull request with minor changes so you should be able to test that the latest load balancer code doesn't add more nodes than it should (ie beyond max size). Don't forget to grab the latest code before testing. I'm still working on the addnode failures you encountered which I don't believe has anything to do with EBS vs instance-store timing. I'll post updates when I have new code to test.

On Jun 2, 2011, at 9:21 AM, Don MacMillen wrote:
> Another quick question: Does 'starcluster terminate <clustername>'
> call the 'on_remove_node' method of the plugin? It looks like
> it does not but apologies if this is documented already. From our
> point of view, it would be useful for the terminate cluster command
> to call this method.

Stop/Terminate doesn't call on_remove_node but instead calls on_shutdown. The main difference is that on_shutdown receives *all* the nodes and is not called for each individual node to be removed. Will this work for you? You can browse the available plugin methods called by StarCluster in clustersetup.py:

https://github.com/jtriley/StarCluster/blob/master/starcluster/clustersetup.py

Specifically look at the ClusterSetup base class.

HTH,

~Justin