StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

loadbalancer race condition with plugin.on_add_node()

From: Jeff White <no email>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 11:50:35 -0800

I believe there is a race condition when nodes are added via the
loadbalancer. The configured plugins are run after the new node is added to
SGE. The issue is our plugin needs to do some setup on the new node before
jobs get submitted to the new node. It would be better if plugins were run
before the node is available to run jobs. If there is a use case for running
a plugin after the node is added to SGE, then more hooks should be added,
e.g. on_add_node_before_sge(), on_add_node_after_sge().

jeff