StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

createimage broken in github repo

From: Dan Yamins <no email>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 13:23:22 -0500

Hi Justin et.al.:

I've just pulled the code anew form
https://github.com/jtriley/StarCluster.git

In this repo, it seems that createimage is broken in the github repo.
 There are two problems:

1) There is an inconsistency between the naming of the aws_access_key
option. In the EasyAWS.__init__ definition in awsutils.py, you set:

              self.aws_access_key = aws_access_key_id

    so that the attribute of the easy_ec2 object is called "aws_access_key"
but elswhere, e.g. in the S3ImageCreator object, you request
"self.ec2.aws_access_key_id" .... which causes an AttributeError.

    The inconsistency is echoed in a few methods of the Easy_AWS object,
where sometimes it is named "aws_access_key" where presumably you mean
"aws_access_key_id"

2) The main create_image() is commented out in the
Easy_AWS.create_s3_image() method e.g.

        #return icreator.create_image()
        return icreator

      ... so of course, nothing happens. (Same is true for EBS instances).
  I'm sure you had a reason for doing this ... but

Things seem to be fine after I put in my own little fixes for both these
issues -- but anyway, just thought I'd let you know.

Dan