StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: mpich2 mpd on starcluster

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 10:22:30 -0500

On 11/16/10 9:54 AM, Qiming He wrote:
> install by: apt-get install mpich2 mpich2-dev
>
> Yes, I did try -machinefile, the same. but /etc/mpd.hosts is the
> default hosts file (by root) if not specified. As stated, the same
> config works with different ami
> The weird thing is that I never got a situation that mpdcheck works,
> but mpd does not.
> ec2-group-firewall issue? or conflict with openmpi?

Again, please post the exact mpdcheck, mpirun , mpiexec, etc, etc
commands you're running to test things.

This shouldn't be a firewall issue, all inter-group traffic is allowed
by default. Did you uninstall openmpi before installing mpich2? I would
imagine apt-get should do this for you given that they have conflicting
executables but it certainly wouldn't hurt to check.

> Could you replicate my problem using the same config, btw, does not
> have to be the same, as long as mpich2 works.

I'll try to have a look at this in the next few days.