StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

[Starcluster] auto-mounting scratch drive in AMI creation

From: Abhijit Bendale <no email>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 17:19:11 -0400

Hello Friends,

Usually an EC2 instance comes with a scratch drive of about 200GB to 1TB
(depending on the instance you choose). When creating AMI
is it possible to mount in in AMI creation itself?

Right now I have created an AMI, but whenever I launch starcluster using
that AMI, I have to manually log into that machine,
mount that scratch drive, change permissions etc. (probably something like
just write a script that runs when booting a new instance)

I am talking about
sudo mount /dev/sdb scratch/

Sorry if this sounds really naive question.

kind regards,
--
Abhijit Bendale