StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: [Starcluster] Spot Instances

From: Austin Godber <no email>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 13:18:04 -0400

Aha, thanks guys, I had thought that it would end up being something
added to the configuration file rather than a command line argument.

Good tips on spot instances. It is worth noting that the price you pay
for a spot instance depends on the current spot price, so the price you
pay varies hourly. This means if you are willing to pay the demand
price (or even higher) then you can bid that and significantly reduce,
though not eliminate, the chance of being shut off, while still
receiving a lower overall price.

Austin