StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

[Starcluster] Looking for SGE Statistics for cluster under load

From: Rajat Banerjee <no email>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 10:15:27 -0400

Hi,
I'm Rajat Banerjee, a grad student at Harvard. I'm writing Dynamic
Load Balancing for Starcluster with Justin now.

I'm looking for some output files from Sun Grid Engine. I've fudged a
fake load on an SGE cluster, but want to compare my stats with real
load statistics from realistic jobs. If anyone could provide the
following files (should take you about two minutes when your cluster
is running), I'll be very appreciative. Both commands should be run on
the cluster master, using the -xml argument.

1. "qstat -xml" - the xml output of qstat. qstat gives job status,
which jobs are pending and which jobs are running. It doesn't share
anything personal, just the job id's and the command used to start the
job. Ideally a few jobs would be running and many more would be
queued. The -xml tag is needed to make the file output in xml.

2. "qhost -xml" gives a list of the hosts/workers, their load, and
what they're up to. Again, need the -xml argument.

Thank you!
Rajat