StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: [Starcluster] connection.execute blocks

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 21:08:21 -0400

You're absolutely right. However, a good 'init' script should return after
starting the service and also background the service.

So, you have a couple of options:

1. Write a wrapper script around the DB command that blocks and backgrounds
and disowns the process. Something as simple as:

#!/bin/bash
command_that_starts_db &; disown

Then in your execute call, call the wrapper script rather than the db command
directly

2. Not sure if this will work or not, but you might also try doing this
directly (although having an init script is going to be useful in general for
restarting the service once logged in via ssh for example):

connection.execute('command_that_starts_db &; disown)

Hope that helps,

~Justin