StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

[Starcluster] Spot instances

From: Thomas Deselaers <no email>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 22:07:51 +0200

Hi,

As I am finding new features in AWS, I come up with new ideas.

I have read on the mailinglist that adding and removing nodes to/from
a cluster is a planned feature.
Now I was wondering if this could be tied into the "spot instances".
So, I would start a normal instance as master and as many spot
instances as I get (for my price) as nodes.

This might lead to some jobs crashing when spot instances are killed
(without warning)... ideally, SGE would notice that the jobs crashed
and restart them.

Cheers,
thomas

--