StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: [Starcluster] create_image.py vs. createimage

From: Thomas Deselaers <no email>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 15:37:44 +0200

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 14:44, Justin Riley <jtriley_at_mit.edu> wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> This is because of the files left over from a previous run.
>
> So, if you encounter such errors as below you'll need to:
>
> 1. restore authorized keys file (simply reboot and these will be restored)
>
> 2. unmount /mnt/img-mnt, remove /mnt/img-mnt directory, and remove all
> myStarcluster* image parts and manifests generated by the ec2-bundle script.
>
> After this, retrying the createimage command *should* work. I will
> likely add a check that reboots the instance if ssh fails. I will also
> add a check to automatically do #2 above before attempting to create the
> image.
>
> Thanks,

I now did all this, and it works (i.e. the it terminated successfully,
I see my image in elasticfox, and most important I can boot it).

Great. Thanks a lot.

Just one suggestion:
First I had a bucketname that was not valid... then a lot of stuff is
done until it breaks.
It would be nice if you could check the imagename and the bucketname
before starting.

I guess, the necessary conditions can be found here:
http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/AmazonS3/2006-03-01/index.html?BucketRestrictions.html

Best,
thomas

--