StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: [Starcluster] Spot instances

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 09:41:57 -0400

Hi Joonas,

It appears that your cluster template high-cpu-xl has CLUSTER_SIZE=1
given that it extends the "small" cluster template in your config.

I believe your issue has to do with the cluster size in the template not
being the same as the number of instances launched in the _at_sc-cluster1
security group. One way to fix this would be to put CLUSTER_SIZE=4 in
your "high-cpu-xl" cluster template.

A quick fix would be to run:

$ starcluster start -x -s 4 high-cpu-xl cluster1

Let me know if that works for you or not.

Thanks,

~Justin