StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

[Starcluster] More on the rebundling issue

From: Mark J. Pearrow <no email>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:53:43 -0500

Hi Justin et al.,

I have been thinking some more about the issue I reported about SGE not working properly when rebundling the starcluster AMI. Where and when does the SGE configuration get generated? I am wondering if the rebundling process is saving some stale configuration about the previous cluster state. If the config gets created when the starcluster is launched - that's probably a completely ephemeral configuration. if rebundling the AMI writes those config files, and then they don't get nuked and replaced the next time the AMI is instantiated.... SGE reads the old files, and falls over.

this might be completely off, I was half-asleep when it occurred to me.

mjp