StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

[Starcluster] my apologies

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 17:56:29 -0500

Hi All,

I would like to apologize for not responding to any messages in the last few
weeks. My spam filter at work continues to eat my list mail for some reason. I
have now added a separate email to the list so that this doesn't happen again.

Mark/Dan, concerning your image recreation issues, I'm hard at work on this
one. In the next version there is a 'createami' action that will do what
create_image.py does and hopefully will fix any issues you encountered.
Concerning the ami rebundling of an already rebundled image, this should not
be a problem and in fact I did this several times in creating the current
stable StarCluster AMI. Something else must be up. I will not waste time
investigating the old version though, I'm fixing/testing this in the new
version now.

I'm very close to a next version with multiple cluster support and a
overhauled version of the ami creation script. If you're interested, I'll post
a follow up email when I have the new ami script done. You can then start to
test the new version (from github) for me although it's still not quite
polished yet.

Again, my apologies for not responding to any emails.

~Justin